How we make decisions
We have a number committees that are made up of elected councillors. These committees vote on key decisions, or review important documents and make recommendations.
Here is a list of our main committees. For a more detailed list of all of our committees and panels, have a look at our special democratic pages.
- Full Council – all elected councillors voting on major decisions
- Cabinet – nine councillors from the ruling group voting on important decisions
- Planning Committee – councillors from across different political parties voting to decide important planning applications
- Scrutiny Committee – councillors from across different political parties, chaired by an opposition councillor
- Climate Emergency Advisory Committee – a politically balanced committee to help the council tackle issues around the climate emergency